ToriOS 1.0 Release Notes
- ToriOS is a GNU/Linux Operating System built for very old computers (NON PAE) and for those who are interested and brave enough to build their own system the way they like from a fully working base with GUI and minimal installed packages by default.
- For more information, please visit: http://torios.top/
- ToriOS 1.0 is based on the stable release of Debian 8 (Jessie) – https://wiki.debian.org/DebianJessie.
- Supported until 2020 – https://wiki.debian.org/LTS.
- Has two different kernels: Non-PAE and PAE kernel.
- 256 MB of RAM is the minimum to install ToriOS 1.0 but you will need more RAM if you wish to use the Internet.
- Minimum CPU is Intel Celeron, ATOM, Pentium M or P4.
- 4GB disk space is more than enough.
- Either a CD/DVD drive or an USB port for the installer media.
- Linux Kernel 3.16
- JWM is the default Windows Manager.
- JWM setting manager version 1.1 is the control panel of ToriOS.
- PCManFM version 1.2.3 is the default File Manager.
- Numix theme.
- Terminal and Synaptic are both available to install whatever package you wish.
- Common Tasks is a post-installation menu which will pop up on the first run (after installing ToriOS) to perform certain tasks.
- Few packages installed by default to help users build their system the way they desire.
- Plymouth is broken, you can see 3 dots but no logo.
- Some packages will not be installed from the Common Tasks menu.
- Clicking on the time and date will do nothing.
- Some features from the setting manager might not work correctly.
- ToriOS manual will not open.If you find more bugs, please report directly to us.
Download ToriOS 1.0
- Please make sure to read the release notes before anything else, specially the known bugs and the workarounds if any.
- Make sure to backup your important files. Don’t blame the OS for any fault if you failed to backup what you care about.